The individual most accountable for your future financial welfare, is the one you see in the mirror today.~ Kemberly Wardlaw.
While the economy seems to plummet day by day and the job market takes a nose dive the last thing we can afford to do is live lavishly. During these times it is of extreme importance that we manage our finances better so as to not lose what we already have. One of the things that most people get caught on and end up taking the path to financial disaster is due to poor financial planning. Some are great at it but simply ignore the importance of it and some are just not that good at managing their finances.
Last week we looked at some of the best resources for entrepreneurs. We are trying to compile resources that might be of help to our readers during these tough times. Many have lost their jobs and many that are lucky enough to hold on to their jobs seem to let their money slip away. Today we bring you links to articles, free spreadsheets to help you manage your finances, finance forums and twitter profiles that might help you stay on top of your personal finance planning.
Articles Related To Personal Finance
- 102 Personal Finance Tips Your Professor Never Taught You : Somethings are better learned in the school of life rather than school of business. This article covers some of the basic yet necessary tips that we might have not learned in school when it comes to managing personal finances.
- Everything You Really Needed To Know About Personal Finance On The Back Of 5 Business Cards : This is one of the best articles on personal finance. The author presented these ideas on the back of a business card at a restaurant to one of his community members and shares with us exactly the way it was done, on the back of business cards.
- 46 Things I Wish My Mom Taught Me About Money : The author of this article skipped out on two lessons every young girl should learn while growing up – cooking and managing money. She shares her thoughts and the 46 things about money that she wished she had learned growing up.
- Massive Personal Finance Resource List : It would be fair to say that this piece lists everything from online tools to software when it comes to managing your personal finances. A must bookmark for sure.
- 30 Free eBooks To Learn Everything You Want To Know About Personal Finance : We like free stuff and pretty sure you do too. This is a well compiled post that offers some free ebooks which is broken down into categories for you.
- 25 of The Best Book About Money : Not free but definitely worth a read. Although we haven’t had a chance to read all of the one’s listed in this article, we did read a few and we can assure you that this list comprises of some of the best books on money out there.
- 40 Plus Resources For Managing Your Money Online : Gone are the days of pen, paper and a ledger. Today most of us track our business and personal expenses online. This post includes some of the best online tools to track and manage your hard earned money.
- Three Principles Of Personal Finance : All You Need To Know For Financial Success : Although the rules discussed in this article are pretty basic, the author brilliantly elaborates on them. Give it a read when you have a chance. This might as well be the one article that might turn your finances around.
- Six Invaluable Online Finance Resource For Personal Finance Education : These sites are what the author calls “cream of the crop” when it comes to educating yourself in personal finance. Take a look and bookmark these sites that are mentioned in here.
- Top 100 Personal Finance Blogs : The title says it all. An article mentioned some of the most popular and valuable in the personal finance niche. For your convenience it is broken down into categories so you can pick and choose.
- Carnival Of Personal Finance : Greatest Hits Edition : Although this article is dated back to 2007 it still carries some of the best articles when it comes to personal finance. Old or new personal finance advice are always something that you want to take a look at, especially with the changing economy.
- Five Best Personal Finance Tools : Lifehacker’s post on tools that will help you kick start managing your personal finance. If it is on Lifehacker, it has got to be good right? right!
- Top 25 Personal Finance Myths : Myths exists everywhere. Of course there had to be some in personal finance category as well. But we think this article might have as well busted the myths on personal financing.
- 16 Great Personal Finance Resources and Blogs : Here is another resourceful post on yet another popular blog. Joel has done a great job in compiling great resources and blogs on personal finance.
- 8 Ways To Save For a Short Term Emergency Fund : When it comes to creating and managing STFE or any personal finance for that matter, making it a primary focus and priority is the key. The author gives some key point towards that in this article.
- 5 Signs That You Are Living Beyond Your Means : One of the reasons why homes are getting foreclosed and banks are being shut in todays economy. Here are some signs that might help you from letting the disaster happen.
- Top 100 Most Popular Personal Finance Blogs : Compilation of 100 popular blogs based on del.icio.us votes. The tagline of the site “living large on a small budget” is pretty catchy as well and we all need to learn how to do that so as to take control of our personal finances.
- Consumerist’s 9-Step Beginner’s Budget : A handy guide from Consumerist author Ben Popken that might help us all go from beginner to pro when it comes to creating a budget and managing it.
- 25 Steps To a Wildly Successful Personal Finance Blog : If you are already on top of your personal finances you might want to offer advice to all that need. Here is a guide that might help you set up the next popular personal finance blog.
- How To Become Wealthy : Becoming wealthy doesn’t only mean making money. It means getting hold of your personal finances and keeping a good track of it as well. This is an in depth article that might help you on your path to becoming wealthy.
- 27 Money Tips For College Students : This is when the dreams of becoming wealthy starts and the spending habits start to develop. JD talks about some of the tips on how you can handle money while in college so the dreams of becoming wealthy can become a reality.
- The Cheapest Day To Buy Certain Items : One of the key aspects to getting a good handle on your personal finances is by looking up for deals. Why pay more for the same thing when you can buy it cheaper. Exactly! This article suggests some of the ways you can pay less and save more while developing a great grip on personal finance.
- Urgent Personal Finance Advice : Marketing Guru Seth Godin shares his views on how you can manage your personal finances. Pretty basic but nevertheless something we all need to be reminded of constantly.
- 110 Personal Finance Calculators : A comprehensive collection of 110 financial calculators that will help you solve the problems and get the numbers. Who says you need to pass the finance class in college? It is better if you do though
- 8 Personal Finance Lessons I Learned From Monopoly : Monopoly is one of the most famous board game out there and after reading this article you might as well consider playing it with your family. It definitely is one of the best way to educate personal finance to your kids and you could learn some in the process as well. Give it a try. Education and fun mixed together is an absolute delight.
- 26 Personal Finance Books : Ranked From Best To Worst : This article discusses 26 books related to personal finance. Under each title you will find a short review that gives you an ideas as to what you can expect.
- 70 Tidbits and Tips on Personal Finance : Although dated back to 2007 this post shares some of the best points and tips on personal finance. A must read if you are looking for some handy tips on managing your personal finance.
- Top 25 Free & Worthwhile Personal Finance e-books : An article from the Tip’d staff on some of the best free ebooks out there on personal finance. Go ahead and give it a read when you have time. Reading a book on personal finance for free is a great start t managing your personal finances.
- Top 10 Money Drains : Try and stay away from the money drains mentioned in this article and you will be surprised as to how much you will be able to save at the end of the month. Give it a try.
- 9 Methods For Mastering Your Money In 2009 : We mentioned a lot of articles on this list from Get Rich Slowly and here is another one. Follow these methods in 2009 to manage your personal finances during times of economic turmoil.
Free Personal Finance Spreadsheets
When it comes to managing personal finance most people seem to get overwhelmed. First thing that we all need to realize is that we need to have a system in place to keep track of managing our finances. Whether we use computer to get a grip on our finances or go with a pen and paper, without a planned out format tracking finances can be quite a pain. Below are 10 links that will direct you to a page that will help you find a spreadsheet for your needs.
- Personal Budget Excel Spreadsheet : A simple spreadsheet for anyone who is trying to keep track of their expenses and earnings. This spreadsheet will help you plan your personal finances for an entire year.
- Google Docs Personal Finance Spreadsheets : Google Docs offers a great selection of personal finance spreadsheets in different categories.
- Personal Budget Spreadsheet Template and Online Calculator : This spreadsheet provides you with an online calculator along with monthly reports and charts for each category.
- List of Excel Spreadsheets : A list of Excel Spreadsheets for personal finance and business purposes. Most spreadsheets on this list are free of charge.
- 10 Free household budget spreadsheets : A list of spreadsheets to manage your personal finances. All free!
- Debt Reduction Snowball Calculator : Use this spreadsheet to create a debt reduction schedule based on popular debt snowball strategy.
- Home Budget Spreadsheet : A free printable spreadsheet that can be used to create home budget and track your personal finances.
- College Savings Estimator : College expenses can sometimes be a nightmare. Use this simple spreadsheet to get a grip on your college savings.
- Household Budget Management Spreadsheet : Another spreadsheet for you to manage your budget and stay on top of your personal finances.
- PearBudget’s Really Simple Budgeting : A very popular budgeting spreadsheet. You can sign up for a free 30 day trial. After the trial period is over the cost is $3.00 per month. If you are serious about budgeting and managing your personal finances, this $3.00 a month will be a wise investment.
Personal Finance Forums
Forums are a great way to communicate and share ideas. Below is a list of some of the most popular finance forums that might be of some help should you have any finance related questions.
|Wise Bread Forum||4,666|
|Saving Advice Forum||24,315|
|Get Rich Slowly Forum||2,719|
|PFTalk (Personal Finance) Forum||243|
|Fat Wallet Finance Forum||NA|
|Money Saving Expert Forum||455,410|
|Topix Personal Finance Forum||NA|
|Debt Questions Forum||6,099|
|Circle Debt Forum||7,449|
Personal Finance On Twitter
Lately it seems like nothing is complete without a list of twitter users. Below you will find twitter profiles to some of the members who use twitter for personal use along with “personal finance tweets.” If you can learn about personal finance in 140 or less characters, you are well on your way to a financial freedom.
We are pretty sure we have missed quite a few. If you know of any articles related to personal finance please share with us and our readers.